Wednesday 20 June 2012

Books : Kelley Armstrong

I think the best thing about reading is reading something you thought you'd hate and loving it. I've done this multiple times. I swore that never in my life would I read Harry Potter, and that I'd rather die than read Twilight. But guess what I read them both, the whole series, and loved them (for the most part, I still hate Bella, she's too whiny! ;))

I also said that I wouldn't read the Hunger Games because it sounded too gruesome, but little did I know I would have to read it for English. We borrowed the book one Monday, and I had finished it by Tuesday. I loved it!! One of my favourite books.

Today I decided to do a review on books by Kelley Armstrong, I was just going to do one book, but I've read one series of hers, and I'm reading another and loving it.

I'm just warning you though it is supernatural (all of them) but they are really well written.

I first read The Gathering last year. It is the first book of a series, so far there are only two that have been written.

                                                                         Source

"Maya lives in a small medical-research town on Vancouver Island. How small? You can’t find it on the map. It has less than two-hundred people, and her school has only sixty-eight students–for every grade from kindergarten to twelve.
Now, strange things are happening in this claustrophobic town, and Maya’s determined to get to the bottom of them. First, the captain of the swim team drowns mysteriously in the middle of a calm lake. A year later, mountain lions start appearing around Maya’s home, and they won’t go away. Her best friend, Daniel, starts experiencing “bad vibes” about certain people and things. It does’t help that the new bad boy in town, Rafe, has a dangerous secret…and he’s interested in one special part of Maya’s anatomy: Her paw-print birthmark." Source

I have to say, I really enjoyed reading The Gathering and the following book in the series The Calling. The books has several mysterious deaths, a creepy scientific company, supernatural-ness, best friends, enemies and even a little bit of romance.

The only thing is I would recommend reading The Darkest Powers series first, it makes more sense in the long run. (That is The Summoning, The Awakening and The Reckoning) - and I definitely recommend those books as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment