Thursday 12 July 2012

Grandad's 75th

Last Saturday, after a lot of planning we had my Grandad's 75th birthday. I think the whole family was surprised when he said that he wanted us to throw a party for him.  So there we where, at Grandad's local bowling club at 3:00 to cook and set up.

There was a bit of running around, arranging tables, setting up the tables and putting up streamers.


It was a bit rushed but in the end it looked really good and nice and colourful!

All of the family came, mostly from interstate, who are from my mum's side of the family. As well as some of Grandad's friends. I got to chat to some of them (I don't know them very well the last time I saw them I was probably 10), but I spent most of the time in the kitchen.

I have great friends, Bianca, Enola and Nadine (and Rachel) who helped out washing up the dishes, and waitressing. (The caterer we had booked basically got sacked!) And it also helped us to raise money for World Challenge.


Grandad had a bowls cake, and yes that is supposed to represent Grandad, but by the time we got him on the cake he was looking a bit too relaxed.


 Happy Birthday Grandad, I hope you had a great time.




No comments:

Post a Comment